Friday, February 2, 2018

COVER CONVERSATIONS #11

NUMBER ELEVEN
GOLLANCZ

I needed a quick regular third post a week, so I copied off Greg's paper, ha ha, and am posting interesting covers on Fridays. Drop by and give his cover a peek over on BOOK HAVEN.

The first Friday of every month will be a special feature of Cover Conversations, as I will be showcasing books from my own shelves!

This month is the gorgeous GOLLANCZ hardcover edition of the DISCWORLD title GUARDS! GUARDS!, Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS sent to me all the way from the Netherlands, for my birthday last year.

VIEW LAST WEEK'S COVER




A week before my birthday I received these in the mail from Annemieke. It was torture not being able to open them until my birthday!
I was gob smacked that she sent me her dragon Pratchett Gollancz cover (dragons are Annemieke's thing). I shrieked when I opened it and my son ran into my room thinking I had hurt myself, ha ha.

I had been drooling over her Discworld Gollancz's every time she featured them on her blog. We were fast Terry Pratchett friends, and have buddy read all but the first book in the Tiffany Aching story arc together. We are thinking about doing the same thing for another Discworld arc.

She knew the Gollancz covers are next to impossible to find here in the US. She will never know how much this book means to me. Someday when my son gets his butt into a Master's program, and all of my money is mine to spend again, I can hop over the ocean and have her write in it for me, or get her over here for a holiday in New York City!


Do you have any special covers like the Gollancz, Puffin Classics, or Penguin House clothbounds you want to, or are, collecting? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.